Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe B. becoming national NFL icon??
(04-10-2022, 01:53 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'll be honest, I didn't even see the link. For some reason, the orange link blended in with your sig for me at first glance and I didn't register it. I think that "clutch" is at least more encompassing than the final five seconds. If a player goes off for the final three minutes of a game but misses a shot in the final five seconds, does that mean he is not clutch? I don't think so. That's really what I am getting at. I also think to suck, you have to have an idea of what you're comparing to. I don't know how Bird, or anyone else has performed in the same situations. The statline looks absolutely awful, but it would help to at least have context to see how other guys performed. I would assume that Lebron was easily worse, but I don't know. I would also be curious to see how that stat has changed since 2016. 

In the end, agree to disagree, that's fine with me. And no, I am not a fan of either the Cavs or Lebron. I live in Oklahoma and I am a staunch Thunder fan. 

Just want to say I didn't mean that as an insult. Just know a lot of people on here are from Ohio and have bias. But yeah...I think if a guy busts his tail through the 4th and misses the game winner, he's not clutch.

Look at it this way, Randy Bullock hit a ton of 4th quarter kicks for us in close games. Would anyone on here say he's clutch? Probably not, because he didn't hit the most important ones. Not often enough, anyway.

But yeah, glad to talk hoops even if we don't agree. Rock On
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread