Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-10-2022, 08:27 AM)jason Wrote: I have no problem with competition, and I agree on Spain. It's become a parroted talking point that he wasn't good. I'm just pointing out that Carman didn't play nearly enough to be given up on, and there is no way that he's a finished product... And yeah; those first coupla rounds are for drafting starters and cornerstones. I think it's the coaches' job to get those guys in a position to be starting.

I would be fine if we resign Spain but I would also understand moving on from him. When you get beat so bad on the last play of the Superbowl your QB doesn't have 1 sec to throw to a wide open Ja'marr Chase it sticks in people's minds. So much talk of the right side of the line but the left had its own struggles. Jonah gave up 8 sacks and that's not where it needs to be and at least one of those was completely on Spain so there may have been more that he contributed to as well. 

I'm still for drafting an OL in Rd 1 or trading back and getting one in the early to mid 2nd. I just think there's no way we don't draft an offensive lineman in this draft and if we're gonna do that we should do it early and get a potential starter. I don't think that's giving up on Carman it's just increasing the overall talent of our OL room.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - NUGDUKWE - 04-10-2022, 02:29 PM