Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(04-08-2022, 07:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just to be the devil and being my own advocate does anyone really care how "gorgeous" a weight room is? ...

If some player getting paid 200 million bucks decides they don't want to play there just because of the decorations? Ehhhh...  Ninja

(04-10-2022, 04:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes. 

"Driving 45mph is driving 45mph."

[Image: 1408120276743.jpg]
[Image: 16025527-1970-dodge-challenger-std.jpg]

GRAMPAHOL, you are certainly right from a pragmatic point-of-view; it just doesn't account for everything else that goes into personal motivations (as I'm sure you know)... as implied by the TheLeonardLeap images. Professionals in other fields are certainly motivated by things not really relevant to performance (eg getting the corner office, that desk made out of exotic wood), why not athletes?

The other issue is that everyone is motivated by different tastes. Personally, I prefer an old-school look with "broken-in" (but clean and functional) equipment... so clearly I would be a terrible consultant for what would motivate today's youth Big Grin

As an aside TheLeonardLeap, in high school, I would have LOVED a weight room the quality equivalent to that first car you posted. Our weight room was half of an old universal machine... the car equivalent of:

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Update on Indoor Practice Facility - pally - 03-30-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Update on Indoor Practice Facility - jabor - 04-11-2022, 02:56 PM