Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-07-2022, 03:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Don't have to convince me, i've been on the sign him now train, forget about the OL and draft DDDDDDDDDDD

Don't give 2 cents about Carman's fweelings right now, I'd rather he have hurt feelings than to put him out there and watch Burrow get hurt.

anyways, i'm a big fan of drafting a player a year before you actually need him. Too many times players come in and have unrealistic expectations put on them to be high caliber guys right off the bat. I'd rather they spend a year developing then you know what you have.

Its not about Carman's feelings, its about optimizing your draft capital and cap space. In years Burrow will have a large increase in Cap hit and we need to be drafting replacements to fill other positions. Waiting a year will allow us a better evaluation of Carman. If we have issues we can trade or sign someone during the season. A rookie guard this year will probably not be any better. If he has issues you sign a stopgap next year before Burrow's cap hit increases and you draft Carman's replacement.  If he does well you best spent your draft pick improving/replacing a position (safety, corner, dline). 

Also what does that have to do with Carman's feeling? You need to chill.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - northernbengal - 04-11-2022, 09:55 PM