Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Boyd's Bengal's future in jeopardy?
(04-09-2022, 08:42 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It’s a wash We can’t keep everyone. It’ll be hard enough keeping Burrow and Chase.

Indeed. It's why it's so critical to go all in as soon as we can, as we won't have the luxury of Burrow's rookie contract for long.

The team have largely been going big this offseason and hopefully we'll swing for the fences in the draft too. Give the team all it can get to compete this coming year. 

Every team with a good QB has this issue, so we aren't alone. The plus side is, you'd hope Burrow can make it work with most guys playing at WR, so when the inevitable happens and we lose Boyd or whatever, Burrow can make some no-name WR look good. 

I think it's obvious Joe will take whatever money he can get, but I also think he's a solid enough guy to try and help the team with his contract. Brady did a lot of work helping the Pats with their cap and I think Joe will do some things to help the Bengals too. 

On the topic raised, I think it's clear that of the big paid WRs, it'll be Boyd going. I like him, but the team will clearly prioritise Higgins and Chase, which would be the correct call as well. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Boyd's Bengal's future in jeopardy? - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-12-2022, 07:37 AM