Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(04-08-2022, 07:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: If some player getting paid 200 million bucks decides they don't want to play there just because of the decorations? Ehhhh...  Ninja

These type of responses always miss the mark. We're talking about millionaire pampered athletes, not Joe Lunchpail at the local factory. I'm a fan of the team and want them to win. If that requires not looking like a 3rd rate organization, then so be it.

Not sure how people are fans of winning, but seem to also want owners to penny pinch and treat millionaire athletes like Bob the backhoe operator. That's not how it works.

I doubt an ugly workout room alone will turn anyone away...but if the entire locker room starts to notice "hey, our weight room is crap...oh, we also have no indoor facility...oh, they make us rent TVs at training camp" (just throwing stuff out there), you start to see enough things like that, then the team starts to develop a reputation.

Both in the locker room and beyond. Gives off a stench that you don't really care. Where are you spending your millions if it's not on giving your team the very best? How can you demand excellence from players when you offer them crap?

If this were the 1980s, I'd probably agree with you, but sports and how organizations are run have changed a great deal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Update on Indoor Practice Facility - pally - 03-30-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Update on Indoor Practice Facility - Shake n Blake - 04-12-2022, 05:49 PM