Poll: Would you be happy with this draft?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Down Mock
(04-12-2022, 04:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: As far as the trade goes, trade value chart has it lopsided for Cincy giving up 600 pts but getting 660 back. Now I don’t think those charts are all that great but it gives you the ballpark. In 2018 Bal moved up 20 spots and basically only gave up a future 2nd rounder. Future picks are not as valuable as current year picks (would you rather have $100 today or $100 a year from now).

Well, we're comparing a 3rd today or a 2nd tomorrow. If you asked if I wanted 100 dollars today or 150 dollars next year, I probably take the 150. 

But my main point was trading with a division rival, you gotta get a huge deal, not just a good or fair deal. 

Quote:For Bell, there are more than just measurables that make up good WR’s. For instance, based on those numbers Tyler Boyd would be a completely “average” WR out of ALL WR’s tested. A ton of those never accomplished anything in the NFL including guys with much better numbers than Boyd. Then of the ones who actually have done anything I’d say Boyd would still probably be better than average of those guys. Bell’s tape speaks for itself, he’s an NFL WR. His numbers aren’t the best, but when combined with his tape they are more than good enough to be a starter at the next level.

There are exceptions to every rule, but for what it's worth, Tyler Boyd was ever so slightly above average. And Bell's biggest concerns are his 3 cone and shuttle, which Boyd bested him by a significant margin in both (while still being moderate or below average). 

I'm not saying Bell can't succeed in the NFL, just that the odds are stacked against him. I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him in the 6th or 7th round the way we did with Auden Tate (who was even worse, athletically, but was at least tall) but spending a mid 3rd round pick on him when you could probably get a safer player who could contribute more in year 1 is not something that I would do. Some may do it, but I wouldn't.

Quote:I agree on Jones, I didn’t want to reach at CB and he was a great value but not really what we are needing at the moment. That’s why I doubled up. If it played out like this I’d be looking to add Steven Nelson or someone similar in FA. I was also thinking Hilton’s contract was up next year but looks like we’ve got him locked up 3 more years. May flip him out.
Agreed. I would want to add a veteran if we couldn't nab a good corner in the first two rounds. And yea, Hilton's contract was very team friendly haha.
Quote:I also agree Bonitto is not the guy we usually take, but I’d argue he is exactly what we need at this point. We have DE depth. We lack pass rush depth outside of Hendrickson, Hubbard and hopefully Ossai. We need a guy who can wreak havoc as we have multiple “well rounded” guys back there who are mediocre at best getting after the QB

Bonitto would be an interesting pick. I think a situational pass rusher can really help a team, especially one that is right on the cusp. I just don't know if the Bengals do that haha.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trade Down Mock - leonardfan40 - 04-12-2022, 02:58 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - CJD - 04-12-2022, 03:26 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - leonardfan40 - 04-12-2022, 04:18 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - CJD - 04-12-2022, 09:51 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - pulses - 04-12-2022, 04:19 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - SunsetBengal - 04-12-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - ochocincos - 04-12-2022, 05:02 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - leonardfan40 - 04-12-2022, 05:19 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - ochocincos - 04-12-2022, 05:29 PM
RE: Trade Down Mock - leonardfan40 - 04-12-2022, 10:16 PM