Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(04-13-2022, 09:04 AM)grampahol Wrote: I am kind of serious when it comes to pampered millionaires.. Once they reach a certain point and hold my enjoyment of the game ransom they lose me.. It's the single biggest sticking point for millions of millions of former baseball fans.. I remember when LOTS of people walked away from the game the day it was announced that Catfish Hunter was going to be paid a million bucks and that was some time ago.. Toss is an economy going to crap, people losing their homes and way of life and ask them to pony up millions for one player who shows zero loyalty to your hometown? It ain't worth the angst .. I was still a fan when they were 2-14 so a winning record won't change how i see the dollars and sense in the grand scheme since it can easily turn on a dime with a few minor injuries or even just a temper tantrum.. 
Nobody ever paid me anywhere near that kind of money for anything in my entire life. I owe these f*ckers zilch in the long run.. 
Still..It ain't coming out of my pocket since I won't even buy a cheap ass hat from them..it's the principle of things. My old man made a pretty good living in the advertising game. He never once gave away free advertising which is exactly what sports memorabilia is.. You pay to do their advertising for them and take food off someone else's table doing so.  Not me..  Cool

You don't now nor have you ever had a skill worth that much money. People are paid based on their skill level within their chosen profession. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Update on Indoor Practice Facility - pally - 03-30-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: Update on Indoor Practice Facility - Memphis_Bengal - 04-13-2022, 10:20 AM