Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's New ATF Nominee and New Gun Control Efforts
(04-13-2022, 09:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know if we need another regulation on this, I saw a few articles that individual states have banned them already, but here's an article from January of this year about the rise in the number of them found with criminals and at crime scenes.  

https://www.pleasantonweekly.com/news/2022/01/30/astronomical-rise-in-ghost-guns-has-law-enforcement-worried

(Long article so I won't copy and paste.)

So I also don't know if the number 1% or 80% but it seems to a problem that law enforcement is facing.  Particularly in the western US.

I'm not really going to get into the nuts and bolts of the article, mainly because I don't have the patience to do so and I doubt it would be received by some anyways.  But I will comment on this choice bit;

"While serialized guns "tell a story" of where they came from, trying to trace a ghost gun back to its source, or to related crimes, is a significant challenge."

The underlined bit is 100% bullshit.  A home manufactured firearm still uses a rifled barrel.  Consequently it will leave the same rifling marks on a fired round that any other gun will leave, hence this statement is blatantly false.  Fired rounds can be linked to these firearms just as easily as any other.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's New ATF Nominee and New Gun Control Efforts - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-13-2022, 10:18 PM