Poll: How do you think the Bengals should be approaching this 2022 offseason?
Win Super Bowl LVII at all costs.
Optimize the duration of the perceived "Super Bowl window".
Adopt a long-term sustainability approach.
Do something else entirely.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should the core philosophy of offseason '22 be?
(04-14-2022, 02:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Option 2 is the only one that really makes sense when you look at it. Optimize this 2-3 year window while Chase and others are still on rookie deals, and make whatever drafts and trades and FA's we can to be the best team spread out over the next 2-3 years. If we go the #1 route and totally sell out the future to try to attain a Championship during the upcoming season, and Burrow gets a season ending injury, we are sunk for years. Health is the biggest mitigating factor. If you go all in on one chance, nobody better get hurt.

Definitely understand this. I don't want us to spend like the Rams or Buccaneers did. They had to win their SB's, we need to just
keep a very solid team around Burrow and I think everything will fall into place. Injuries could happen to anyone we bring in and 
that could ruin everything. Need to keep the trenches strong on both sides and coach up the rest.

That being said I still think we are in win it all now mode which is awesome. Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should the core philosophy of offseason '22 be? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-14-2022, 03:39 PM