Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The State of the Electrical Grid: In regard to the energy transition...
I think a giant infrastructure package could help. Hell even throw in some money for hydrogen. If only we had a president who would do these things… oh wait

We didn’t give up on the combustion engine when arms were getting broke trying to crank them. Battery technology has a long way to go. Every week I feel like I read about some new breakthrough.

Hell just today I read about thermal photovoltaic that is 40% efficient turning heat into energy.

The thing that pisses me off is the power company lobbyists leading the way on charge backs. I may be wrong but Floria I think passed a law or has one in the works where it used to be if your solar panels produce more energy than your home consumes your meter goes backward and you are credited for the energy you are supplying the grid. Well. They want to gut that. Which is something I would think is a major selling point if you are thinking about investing in solar panels. Mind you this is the sunshine state. So instead of incentivizing people to go green we will dial that down and just go backward instead…
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The State of the Electrical Grid: In regard to the energy transition... - NATI BENGALS - 04-14-2022, 04:52 PM