Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-17-2022, 05:09 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: At this point I'm more worried about depth, especially at Tackle. Hopefully D'Ante Smith has progressed. I know he is listed on Bengals.com as a Guard but I'm pretty certain he is a potential back up Tackle.

Would it be possible to bring back Riley Reiff mid-way through the year if there was an injury/lack of performance at the position (a la Chris Crocker)? I don't think he's signed with anyone yet.

I'm cautious but not terrified of depth at tackle.  I think Prince, while not good, played okay for a backup and was greatly hampered by playing next to Adeniji most of the time.  I think he'd look worlds better next to Cappa.  It's not ideal to have him starting at all, but I'm not losing my mind if it happens.  His reputation as a penalty machine seems to have diminished a bit, which is good.  He also has a lot more experience than he did going into 2021.  We could do worse in terms of backup RT, but then again backups are backups for a reason.  If guys were world beaters in a league starving for o-line quality, they wouldn't be backups to begin with.

Won't lie, though. Adeniji getting into games makes me nervous. He's a terrific athlete measurable-wise, but I just don't think he gets it when defenses start to find weak points in his game and attack. His story plays out the same both times he's gotten significant snaps. He begins with a lot of promise, then he goes full meltdown in a really costly way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - samhain - 04-17-2022, 10:12 AM