Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phil Castellini Makes Fun of Disgruntled Fanbase
(04-18-2022, 12:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

I'm no Bell fan club member by any stretch. But I feel the problems go beyond just the mgr. And I do agree that Bell lacks that "having a feel for the game" and just goes by the numbers/analytics to much. I believe he's very guilty of overmanaging games at times.

I don't know what the answer is ?

Baseball feels like a broken game, I don't know how to even begin fixing the competitive balance. Castellini's comments do share some truths about the financial differences between teams leading to competitive challenges. Sure, small markets can have good drafts, player development, and some luck to experience success but from year-to-year the big boys like the Dodgers and Yankees get to purchase their way to competitive seasons where the expectation is winning. I just wish MLB could operate more like the NFL. I don't think the Reds had a chance at success in '22 before the first pitch of the season and one offseason draft with a peppering of roster moves isn't going to pay off for success in '23.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phil Castellini Makes Fun of Disgruntled Fanbase - TecmoBengals - 04-18-2022, 01:03 PM