Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The State of the Electrical Grid: In regard to the energy transition...
(04-18-2022, 02:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Boomer... Hilarious

Oh, yeah. The insults and stuff that are thrown back and forth are silly. I am 29, and I think for many younger folks it is easy to forget that the wonderful technology we utilize each day is built on the shoulders of giants so tall, we can't see the ground for the clouds. Sometimes there are opinions or concerns that are thrown out which are genuinely silly, but sometimes there are genuine concerns that people try to invalidate due to someone's age. I think most of what you posted are genuine issues to take with the idea of EV's currently. It is okay to say "yeah, it won't work for me yet" while acknowledging that the technology can still be improved, you know? 

I do disagree with your opinion that they aren't the solution - I think they are, or at minimum will have to be. There is a ton of money in the industry and advancements are currently being made. They also have a not insignificant market share of the car industry. They will need to keep getting better in order to be a solution for everyone, though. The infrastructure isn't there, either.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The State of the Electrical Grid: In regard to the energy transition... - KillerGoose - 04-18-2022, 02:37 PM