Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Sussmann the fall guy?
(04-18-2022, 05:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I long for a day when people look at stuff like this from an "us vs them" perspective that involves commoners vs the elites, rather than a left versus right, thing. Let's face it, the only type of 1/6 "justice" we are seeing is because there are commoners who fell for the narrative the people in power sold them, anyone with power or influence is just going to shrug and say "I didn't make anyone do anything!"

With that being said, I can see why people fall for the allure to see this stuff as left vs right, because at least that way you don't have to get bummed out when 100% of the powerful folks get away with stuff, you can at least cheer your side getting off the hook because they're totally not guilty.

As for this case, as Cris Carter said truthfully before he had to reel it in and act like he was out of line...ya gotta get a fall guy!

I was just responding to the moronic immigration thread when I thought about this post of yours and had this visualization. The media, specifically the right-wing media in this instance, constructs so many straw men for their audience that they fill in this void between the people. They create these imaginary villains that are based in absurd versions of positions and use them as foils so that the people are unable to move their focus to those in power. Unable to realize that the corporate elite are the ones with their boots firmly planted on our necks. It's like a forest of these straw men and there is nowhere to turn without finding another one.

This was not how I should have started my day. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Sussmann the fall guy? - Belsnickel - 04-19-2022, 07:13 AM