Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phil Castellini Makes Fun of Disgruntled Fanbase
(04-19-2022, 10:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's not just the cap in football.  It's the enormous TV money that is shared equally.  I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm guessing teams come pretty close to breaking even with just the TV money.

Yes the TV revenue in the NFL is shared equally I believe. i don't think that's the case in MLB. I'll use the Dodger's and the Reds again as an example. The numbers I could find states that the Dodgers have the highest TV revenue with around 330M for the 2022 season. The Reds TV revenue for 2022 is around 48M. Again I believe that revenue is not shared amongst the MLB teams. MLB does have the luxury tax in place. I don't think teams like the Reds will ever have to worry about  paying the tax because their payrolls will fall well below the threshold for the tax to kick in. If I heard correctly, Reds ownership have stated that every penny of profit goes back into the team and the Reds community  fund. If that is true, i wonder how the value of the team continues to rise when they invest all money back into the product. I believe current Reds ownership bought the team for 240M from the Lindner family.  I believe the the current value of the franchise is around 1.2 billion dollars.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phil Castellini Makes Fun of Disgruntled Fanbase - BrownAssClown - 04-19-2022, 01:40 PM