Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phil Castellini Makes Fun of Disgruntled Fanbase
(04-19-2022, 01:40 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Yes the TV revenue in the NFL is shared equally I believe. i don't think that's the case in MLB. I'll use the Dodger's and the Reds again as an example. The numbers I could find states that the Dodgers have the highest TV revenue with around 330M for the 2022 season. The Reds TV revenue for 2022 is around 48M. Again I believe that revenue is not shared amongst the MLB teams. MLB does have the luxury tax in place. I don't think teams like the Reds will ever have to worry about  paying the tax because their payrolls will fall well below the threshold for the tax to kick in. If I heard correctly, Reds ownership have stated that every penny of profit goes back into the team and the Reds community  fund. If that is true, i wonder how the value of the team continues to rise when they invest all money back into the product. I believe current Reds ownership bought the team for 240M from the Lindner family.  I believe the the current value of the franchise is around 1.2 billion dollars.

330 TO 48?  That's rough.  I thought there was now some revenue sharing, but I'm not sure how much.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phil Castellini Makes Fun of Disgruntled Fanbase - michaelsean - 04-19-2022, 02:31 PM