Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This place is seriously depressing
I was kinda hoping someone would tell me how to post and how to be a fan and that since I don't buy "gear" to pay for the privilege of giving the Brown family free advertising I must be a horrible fan and have no business even expressing an opinion about the Bengals. I know ..I should be ashamed of myself and hang my head in shame, but it's like this ..I like Folgers Black Silk coffee. I'm not asking anyone else if they like it or if it's grown organically or made by the most sustainable farming methods in the world. I like it. It wakes me up in the morning and comes in a pretty red plastic container. The Bengals give me something to look forward to on Sunday, sometimes Monday and occasionally Thursday. If they win I'm happy and if they lose I probably won't get on the rooftop with an assault rifle or beat my wife. My outrage reaches the level of just turning off the TV and finding something else to do and my delight when they win reaches the level of getting frisky with the old woman.
I like our team. I like the players and the coaches and I've even got a bit of a soft spot for Mikey just because he's old now.
I don't have a great memory for stats and players names and I don't spend hours and hours digesting every play of every game. I don't even own a Bengals jersey or hat or even a pair of Bengals socks. I don't even own an orange tshirt although I do have several black shirts. I've been predicting us to win it all every year since I was a kid in the 60's and 70's.
What I do occasionally is to write meaningless posts that ramble on just because I can and if you've read this far without stabbing yourself in the eye I applaud you. You could be a great American. I'm not holding you to it so if you never aspire to greatness that's ok too. Enjoy the team win, lose or draw.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This place is seriously depressing - grampahol - 12-01-2015, 04:31 AM