Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-21-2022, 12:33 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The injury excuse is nonsense.  Spain simply struggled against better defenses in post season when it mattered most and he had to play against better talent.  Yes he had to face Tennessee and LA in the post season.  Thats football.   Do you not think there is a chance we wont play either Tennessee, LA or some other great defense next season when the Bengals make it to the playoffs?    Having to play against good defenses shouldnt be an excuse for failing to get the job done.  Some of our fans have made excuses for the poor Oline play for years when it should be clear the Oline has been and continues to be a problem.  Its seems like just more excuses.  

Bullshit. Spain played good all year until he got hurt late in the season and it carried on through the Playoffs where he had to 
play the best DT's while he was hurt. Sure I hated his effort on the last play of the SB where Donald easily beat him and if you 
don't want him back for that poor effort I can understand. But to act like being injured isn't a good excuse is absurd.

Spain was our best O-lineman besides maybe Jonah when he was healthy.

(04-21-2022, 12:52 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Eh... Maybe just Nate

Nope, I never said the OL was just fine. Was hating Hopkins, Adeniji's play all season. Adeniji and Spain were terrible in the 
postseason. Hop actually started to play okay once he got over his injury but it was still poor play, same with Prince who is a 
backup at best. 

Reiff was okay I guess until he got injured, but still it was pretty terrible for most of the year in both pass protection and run 
blocking. But a healthy Spain pushing Carman at LG would only be a good thing for our entire OL. Still all for bringing in JC 
Tretter too and playing Karras at LG if Carman's injury isn't over with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-21-2022, 01:40 PM