Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It
(04-21-2022, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am in between on this. I do agree that Watson is getting overrated a bit on here and I also agree this is the best team he has 
been apart of. The Browns are good in the trenches, but they also don't scare me weapon wise besides Nick Chubb. Amari Cooper
and Njoku don't scare me, only Nick Chubb does on that Offense along with Watson now.

Weighing in on the Watson-led Browns discussion (thanks, I invited myself...):  While I think on paper the team looks lethal with Watson, Chubb, Cooper, Ward, and Garrett, I can't help but think that a guy coming in that hasn't taken a single snap with the team, who is likely to be suspended for at LEAST five games, yet had his contract structured so his game check salary year 1 is next to nothing and won't really lose much money from his ridiculous guaranteed contract, is bound to create some issues.

People can't help it.  It is human nature to compare your value and your salary to others.  Watson will be sitting on the bench (or more likely a couch at home) drawing multiple times more money than anyone else on the Browns.  Yes, QBs get paid more.  But I still can't help thinking the extenuating circumstances surrounding Watson will be a distraction and a potential source of division.  There are also some people bound to be in Baker's camp and feel the QB that played injured got a raw deal.  

It is as though teams (the Browns aren't the only one) looked at the Bengals and thought:  "Hey, if the Bengals can do it, all we are missing is a QB like Burrow (Browns).  Or "we need a WR like Chase to make our offense click" (Raiders).   There is so much more to it from a culture and chemistry standpoint.  That being said, I think the Raiders are the surprise team from the AFC West.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We may not even win our division next season. So Fix It - SHRacerX - 04-22-2022, 07:54 AM