Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG
(04-22-2022, 12:56 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: If Linderbaum is available at 31, you take him. He's the best center in college football, and will be one of the best in the NFL. I disagree with all the talk about "versatility", especially on the o-line, where a player's worth is determined by his ability to play multiple positions. The old saying that if you're a jack of all trades, you're a master of none comes to mind. I'd rather have an offensive lineman who is elite at one position than one who is an also-ran at multiple positions. If you're ok at many, you're probably only average at a particular one.

Yes, Linderbaum might be the most ideal player for us besides Elam or one of the other Corners. The thing is it is deep at
Corner. Linderbaum as you say is without a doubt the best player at his position in this Draft. I hope we take him, it will say
a lot if he is there and we pass on him.

(04-22-2022, 12:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I firmly believe Linderbaum will be great...in the right scheme.
He won't be great for everyone.
He does have physical limitations that can impact certain schemes.

I wouldn't have any hesitation to draft him for a wide zone scheme and shift Karras to LG.

Being versatile is more important for depth guys compared to clear-cut starters.

That is the thing, he fits our wide zone scheme. To me it is a no brainer unless Pollack and the coaches think his physical 
limitations will hinder him going against the big NT's of the AFC North and the NFL overall. I think he can make up for them
with his quick hands, technique and strength. The Coaches might disagree though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Jackson Carman "Your" Starting LG - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-22-2022, 12:51 PM