Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best at our position, round and your hope.
(04-24-2022, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, with the draft coming up Thursday, I get a little excited waiting on who falls to us. I don't have a lot of knowledge on college players because I don't watch college ball. I trust others opinions and draft grades on if I get giddy inside after, or feel like we missed the boat or did poorly in the draft. WTS, I'm trusting on your insights and opinions going into the draft on which (realistically) players we might have available and who we pick in that round. I'm not asking for 7 rounds, but feel free to do so. The first 5 would be a good cheat sheet on the needs for the Bengals and if we fulfill those needs. Which, I guess you should add position needed most in order if possible. Yes, I'm asking you guys to do all the work for me. That's because I know you love this stuff and I'm too busy or lazy to do all the research. But I'm looking for something to root for in the draft.

To me, I think our biggest needs in order are as follows:

1. CB
2. OL
3. LB
4. C
5. TE

First off H-Dog, do not apologize for being lazy.  Conserving energy is nature's way.  We should all strive to accomplish what we need to do with the least expenditure of our resources.  In the case of Bengals fans, that means freeing up our time and energy for more important pursuits, like hating the Steelers.

But I digress.

I think that you left our 3-tech DT on our list of needs.  In order, I would make it CB, DT, S, WR, TE, DE, LB, CB (again).  I am not listing OL because we have a lot of draft capital invested in Carman, Smith, and Hill and I expect one of those guys to be at least adequate at LG.

All of my wish list guys will probably go earlier than I have them listed.  But that's why it's a wish list:

CB:  Andrew Booth, Clemson
DT:  DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M, or Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma, or Travis Jones, UConn
S:  Kerby Joseph, Illinois
WR:  Calvin Austin III, Memphis
TE:  Charlie Kolar, Iowa State

(I put both Austin and Kolar cause I love them both but no way one of them lasts till the 5th.  Now if we trade back and get an extra 4th...)

Since I have only mocked 4 rounds, my ignorant opinions end here.  But with our last choices I hope for:

DE:  best pass rusher left
LB:  a guy who can run and cover
CB:  a diamond in the rough
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The best at our position, round and your hope. - Speedy Thomas - 04-25-2022, 01:33 PM