Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winning when no one expects it is fun. Winning when you are supposed to win is hard.
(04-25-2022, 06:02 PM)Whacked Wrote: IMHO ….

The reasons we may not repeat despite having the same talent (actually, much improved)…..

1. Our schedule last year vs this year: apples and oranges.

2. We avoided COVID and injuries while others did not (Rat Turds and Browns)

3. It took other teams way too long to use a better D-scheme to shut Chase down.
He ran wild for 3/4’s of the season and had such a ridiculous impact. This slowed down
considerably once other teams got smart.

4. The AFCN just got much better

5. As did the Dolphins, Bills, Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs.

I just don’t see a SB appearance due to the above.

1) We had the 6th hardest schedule last year. This year is a division winner's schedule, but last year wasn't exactly easy. 

2) True

3) Right now, there isn't much anyone can do to shut Chase down. If they double him all the time, Burrow will just kill them with Higgins and Boyd. We have the gold standard at WR 1-3 plus a premiere Running Back. Chase will have another huge year.

4) So did the Bengals. The Steelers are having a QB competition between Rudolph and Trubisky. I expect Mitchell to win. Color me unimpressed. The Browns will always Brown regardless of who they have, the Factory of Sadness got that name for a reason, they are the epitome of dysfunction. Lou has figured out how to shut down Lamar, and in reality I think Lamar is on the decline (and I'm a big fan of his) 

5) Only team that really concerns me there is the Bills.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Winning when no one expects it is fun. Winning when you are supposed to win is hard. - Sled21 - 04-26-2022, 08:46 AM