Poll: How do you think the Bengals should be approaching this 2022 offseason?
Win Super Bowl LVII at all costs.
Optimize the duration of the perceived "Super Bowl window".
Adopt a long-term sustainability approach.
Do something else entirely.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should the core philosophy of offseason '22 be?
(04-23-2022, 01:14 PM)phil413 Wrote: I apologize that regardless of being up late that night I blurred the OP's thread with yours and was responding to two threads so my response unfortunately. The Gilmore example the OP gave was one I would have been on board with. 

Your Tretter one is one I was behind and would still get behind for sure.  I hope they still sign a vet to compete at LG though.  I get what you're saying about the window we have, but you have to look at each move individually.  My extreme examples were not meant to say that is what you meant...it's to show that at all costs can go too far IMO.  At all costs has a cost that could go too far. 

You did give me something to work with on Tretter, and I'm fine with giving up a mid round pick for a rental that fills a need at say CB, LG or maybe a DE/UT type.  Or you can front end some cut vets after the draft or again I'm all for trading picks in next years draft if need be especially if there is an injury in camp. 

Tretter is still my hope after the Draft if we don't Draft Linderbaum or another Center early.

Bring back Spain or bring in another vet LG to compete with Carman and we are sitting pretty.

We will see what we do, fun times. Only 2 days away from the Draft! Rock On
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should the core philosophy of offseason '22 be? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-26-2022, 01:00 PM