Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon in the passing game
(04-28-2022, 12:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s going to be our most dynamic threat after Chase and near his level with our better OL. Mixon averaged a TD every 14 touches at Oklahoma. That’s the best of any player ever there. He’s going to have a huge year if he can stay healthy. He will give Derrick Henry and Jonathan Taylor a run for the best running back discussion.

Derrick Henry isn't in that conversation at the moment, not after last season. He wasn't running that well even before his injury, he was just running a lot. I would say that Nick Chubb, Taylor and Ekeler are the top guys, right off the top of my head. I think Mixon is most similar to Ekeler, just a bigger version. I have been wanting to see him used more and more in the passing game for a while now. He is a very natural receiver. Replacing some of his carries with receptions could help extend his longevity, though I believe we are close to the end of Mixon's career here in Cincinnati. They are sinking too much money into him with these extensions looming. 

Also, college performance has no correlation to NFL performance. Mixon was a stud at OU, but so was Samaje Perine. You tout Mixon's touchdown per touch numbers but you know who is also tied with Mixon for that record? Samaje Perine. He also averaged a touchdown every 14 touches. DeAnthony Thomas averaged a touchdown every EIGHT touches at Oregon and he is out of the league. LaMichael James averaged a touchdown every 14 touches as well, and he didn't even finish out his rookie contract before washing out of the league. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mixon in the passing game - fredtoast - 01-23-2022, 12:25 PM
RE: Mixon in the passing game - fredtoast - 04-28-2022, 12:39 PM
RE: Mixon in the passing game - KillerGoose - 04-28-2022, 01:03 PM
RE: Mixon in the passing game - Stewy - 04-28-2022, 03:00 PM
RE: Mixon in the passing game - Stewy - 04-28-2022, 10:04 PM
RE: Mixon in the passing game - ochocincos - 04-28-2022, 03:02 PM
RE: Mixon in the passing game - ochocincos - 04-28-2022, 03:19 PM
RE: Mixon in the passing game - Mer - 04-28-2022, 02:18 PM
RE: Mixon in the passing game - pulses - 04-28-2022, 07:21 PM