Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to give the defense some love
(12-01-2015, 05:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If PFF had Dre ranked 112 out of 113 CB's then I say using it for anything may be useless.

I watch almost every game every week and watch CB's get beat for long TD's every week, I see poor tackling by CB's as well. No doubt, Dre was not playing well early, but no way he is the worst starting CB of over 3 other CB's per team on average in the NFL.

I am curious, for those of us who don't get PFF, what was his weekly ranking last week against the Rams?

I have seen major improvement of late and have yet to remember him giving up a long TD in 2015, but I am old so may be wrong. I know there was an issue with a broken coverage blamed on Lemur by coaches at one home game (Seattle), but can't remember any others. I also think the Bengals defense is #1 in the NFL giving up plays of over 30 yards so I am not sure how we could have any CB ranked that poorly.

As far as I know, that ranking comes from whatever PFF's new system is. You'd have to ask Truck about it. PFF posted that little tidbit on Twitter. That's about all I see from PFF. As for Dre, I don't think he's #112 out of #113, but Dre was definitely rough to watch earlier this season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to give the defense some love - Bengal Dude - 12-01-2015, 05:21 PM