Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2022, 01:04 AM)Housh Wrote: I did some digging which included his NFL.com profile and a couple draft profiles. This guy is going to be used exactly how we wanted to use Ricardo Allen. They paint him as a safety with great coverage skills. But they specifically said that the way he plays was made for a guy playing in the linebacker part of the field. Said he had good instincts in shading, bumping guys and bailing into deep coverage from the linebacker position.

I don’t think this guy is a Bates replacement pick. This seems to be Zac and Lou getting the guy they wanted for years to play that 3rd safety role. This kid doing well could actually help get Bates paid. If this 3 safety thing is a box office smash hit it’s gonna be HARD letting Bates walk.

My biggest guess as to why he was there at 31 is teams actually dinged him for his versatility. The issue with guys that can play S, and CB is they go thru their whole high school and college careers with their coach using them exactly how they want, then get to the NFL and a coach tells you which position he thinks you’re better at and boom now you are playing 1 position your whole NFL career. And if you suck at it it’s your fault and you are a bust. Remember Mark Barron? He was a S that probably should’ve played linebacker his whole career. So at least this pick passes me first red flag test. He’s multi positional and we are planning to use him in a multi positional manner. Why draft a CB/S mix of you are just gonna make him a S or CB. That’s stupid to me. Get his ass in games at both positions

A big reason folks are bringing him up as a Bates replacement is the Bengals use Bates in single high a lot.  With his quick hips and blazing 40 time, Hill has the physical tools necessary to play single high.  He can be used in a variety of other ways, as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whatever - 04-29-2022, 01:22 AM