Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Offensive and Defensive Balance
(12-01-2015, 05:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Good post, interesting stats.

We have the most well rounded football team out there I like to believe. Arizone is a close second, then Carolina.

Arizona can throw well, but just lost Chris Johnson and not so sure how their run game will be.
Carolina can run well, but they don't have many bonafide playmakers on the outside.

It's nice we can do both, run and pass, while also having a great defense. We really should win this superbowl hah.

I'd heard that they lost Johnson.  I don't know who their back up is, but if that severely impacts their running game, then defenses can pin their ears back and tee off on Palmer. As far as Carolina is concerned, if you can shut down their run game and bracket Olsen, they are going to have a rough time.  Their receivers wouldn't be starters on at least half the other teams in the league.

(12-01-2015, 07:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals are actually the #1 scoring defense in the NFL and the #3 offense.  

This is great research, and it helps prove the point that the Bengals are more "battle tested" than many of the other teams in the NFL.  

We've heard from a lot of talking heads that they could be the most complete team in the league, and this backs it up.  I think if they can get past the first playoff game, then they could run the table.  They just have to get past that mental hurdle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Offensive and Defensive Balance - Earendil - 12-01-2015, 11:28 PM