Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Threads from the Enemy: 2022 NFL Draft in the AFC North
(04-29-2022, 03:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But that doesn't seem like the typical Steelers move. Having a mediocre cheap for two extra years that's not better than what you have is better than getting a quarterback that can possibly make you competitive or even good is better than waiting to get a good quarterback in a year?

Next year's draft class is loaded at quarterback and, while it's not like Pickett is expensive, I highly doubt they cut-bait after one year, especially when Trubisky will likely be the starter this year.

It just seems like they panicked and didn't think it through too much.

Wouldn't you have rather they waited and made a pick that can help them immediately or even next year when they do draft a good quarterback?

This is tough for me. My kid goes to Pitt and is in the Drumline, so I've seen every game of Picketts that I could for the last 3 years. I always thought he was pretty good and had a chance to be a decent NFL QB, but never imagined he'd break out like he did this year. I really would like to see him do well in the NFL and to do it in Pittsburgh would be great. Imagine Desmond Ridder was drafted by the Bengals. 

I think it's a cool story, but strategically I'd rather see if Mitch could get his shit together over the next two years and definitively roll with him during that time. He does have the pedigree so who knows. With QBs falling like they did, they could have gotten a Ridder, Corral, or even Willis in the second or possibly trading up to the early 3rd, and used at least 1 or 2 other picks to address other areas. 

IDK, I guess I have to trust in what they're doing. They do generally make good sound moves, but then again they do draft Artie Burns and Jarvis Jones every once in a while. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy: 2022 NFL Draft in the AFC North - StrictlyBiz - 04-29-2022, 03:50 PM