Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rankings are click bait
(12-02-2015, 03:04 AM)Utts Wrote: I just disagree with dropping the Patriots further than the #2 spot based on one very closely contested loss on the road against a great team in the snow, with injuries and horrible calls working agains them. 

As for the Cards struggling against a Blaine Gabbert team, that was a division game on the road. We lost to the what's his name led Texans in our house.

If I'm being objective, I can't help but see their rankings as garbage and likely intentionally controversial.

You mean something more like this??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000592115/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-13-carolina-panthers-claim-no-1

Some people hate Elliot Harrison, but I tend to think he is actually a pretty good analyst. For instance check out what he said about the Bengals in the preseason rankings.

"As we head into Week 1 of the preseason, everyone is going to want to know if the Bengals will be bungling yet another playoff game come January. Bear in mind, however, that Cincinnati was loaded with the walking wounded during that playoff loss to the Colts last season, much like the Chiefs in that crazy wild-card game in the 2013 playoffs. It's hard to win when Andy Dalton is throwing the ball to big-time targets like Ryan Hewitt, Kevin Brock and Rex Burkhead. On that note, methinks tight end Tyler Eifert's return to health will be a huge boost to the prospects of both Dalton and the team."

(We were ranked 10 in his power rankings during the preseason, when this was written).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Power Rankings are click bait - Utts - 12-02-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: Power Rankings are click bait - Utts - 12-02-2015, 03:04 AM
RE: Power Rankings are click bait - GreenCornBengal - 12-02-2015, 04:46 AM