Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
3rd Round-Zachary Carter-DT-Florida
(04-30-2022, 05:28 AM)Yogo Wrote: How quickly we forget.  Lou took guys like Larry Ogunjobi and BJ Hill that are 6'3'' 305 lbs about and made them have career years.  Guys who were unnoticeable.  Lou has certain specs he's looking for that can make role players look stellar.  Zach Carter is almost the same, but lighter.  He seems to operate the same too.  May lightning strike thrice.

Funny you mention lightning.  All 3 picks so far have SPEED.   The Safety and CB are Fast for DB's.  The guy that can play either DT or DE is fast for a D Lineman.  Watch on YouTube how fast he is to the QB, or his SEC play scooping up a fumble and running 50 or 60 yards for a TD outrunning everybody.   The Great Defensive Coach who turned Tampa and Indy from losers into winners, Tony Dungy, when he came to Indy said the D was built too slow for the NFL, and he was going to bring in SPEED.   That is what Lou and Zac and Duke have done so far.   In these 3 picks, The Bengals Super Bowl Defense just got even Faster. 

Now I was hoping Devonte Wyatt from Georgia in Round One as a guy who can play DE and DT.  He went just before pick 31.  I had Daxton Hill on my list right behind him going into the draft.  Still, Bengals came back and got a guy that can play both DE and DT as BIG DADDY Wilkenson use to.  So great to have a guy that you can play at LE, RE or DT.   Injuries happen in football.  To have a BIG DADDY type is great. Wyatt was gone, we did get Florida Monster in THE ZACH ATTACK that was pretty dominate in The SEC.  I consider dominate in The SEC as no small thing.

So we got the fast safety, the fast cornerback, and the fast D Lineman.  FAST is the Key Word.  Plus the Safety can play Corner.  The Corner can play Safety. The D Lineman can play Right End, Left End or Defensive Tackle.  So we add VERSATILITY to SPEED.  All very important because injuries happen in football. 

Lets also not get hung up about Rounds. Joe Montana was drafted in the 3rd Round. Pro Bowl Bob Trump was drafted in the 12th Round. Ken Riley and Lemar Parrish in Rounds 6 and 7. So I'm not looking at Rounds. I see 3 good Fast and Versatile Players drafted who will add greatly to an already impressive Bengals Super Bowl Defense.

Anyone on here who doubts this pick, please go on YouTube for free and watch THE ZACH ATTACH highlights as he Dominates The SEC, and you will no longer have doubts about this pick. I was also amazed to see Florida D Linemen with numbers such as 8 and 17, I'm so use to numbers in 70's and 90's for D Line.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3rd Round-Zachary Carter-DT-Florida - kevin - 04-30-2022, 01:05 PM