Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Threads from the Enemy: 2022 NFL Draft in the AFC North
(04-29-2022, 08:28 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Good observation. If the best this draft class can be is Trubisky-like, it doesn't make sense to take a qb. If Trubisky can mature, grow, and reach his draft position potential, then they wouldn't need anyone. That's a big 'if.'

But it appears that they did just that. The things that I will say with Pickett though, is that being the safe pick that he is, if he is = to Mitch, at least they have him for two additional years and cheaply. I doubt he will be worse than Mitch. 

Also, you have to believe that their familiarity with him makes them trust that he can be more than what everyone is projecting. Given their shared training facilities, the Panthers and Steelers interact everyday. They are pretty much one big team. He's practically been a Steeler for 5 years now. Of course that could cause them to over focus on him, but you have to trust that they can take the emotion out of it. Thats kinda a requirement of the job. 

I guess we shall see. I've got hopes that he can grow into a really good QB soon. But maybe I an idiot? Who knows?  

Perhaps they're taking to take a step back in time to when rookie/2md/3rd year QB's held clipboards for 2 or 3 years and come in 4th qtr. in blowout games. (like when we're kicking your *** 41-6) And hoping Trubisky can get it together and if not Pickett can step in.

And if worst comes to worst be high enough in the next draft or two to get a better QB ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy: 2022 NFL Draft in the AFC North - bengalfan74 - 04-30-2022, 01:46 PM