Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Threads from the Enemy: 2022 NFL Draft in the AFC North
(04-30-2022, 01:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Perhaps they're taking to take a step back in time to when rookie/2md/3rd year QB's held clipboards for 2 or 3 years and come in 4th qtr. in blowout games. (like when we're kicking your *** 41-6) And hoping Trubisky can get it together and if not Pickett can step in.

And if worst comes to worst be high enough in the next draft or two to get a better QB ?

Yeah, long term I think that's kind of the deal. Not sure about KP holding the clipboard for a couple of years though. I think the competition is going to be truly wide open and they're not paying lip service to it. Neither of these guys were on the roster last year, they shouldn't have a preference for one over the other. 

But, yeah if Trubisky stinks and Pickett steps in and doesn't pan out, they'll move on in 3-4 years. But with KP, assuming that his floor is equal to whatever Mitch is, you'll alleviate a lot of pressure in finding the next one and have a few extra years for figure it out. 

See my post right above. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy: 2022 NFL Draft in the AFC North - StrictlyBiz - 05-01-2022, 09:40 AM