Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Using context to judge this draft
We have all seen Bengal fans who are not thrilled with this draft.  I pushed one kind of hard in one thread and what he said helped me to understand what might be going on.

1.  In most past years we had gaping holes in our roster and were absolutely counting on high draft picks filling these holes.  This year we were basically drafting for depth.  Since it did not appear that we possibly drafted one (or two) immediate starters some people did not feel like we accomplished as much.  It was not really about the quality of the players selected.  It was about their apparent lack of immediate impact.

2.  In many past years we had top ten selections.  This year we were picking at #31 so many people felt like we were not getting any of the top players.  But after the first round it really doesn't matter.  Just look at the players we have taken after pick #31 in the past.  Tee Higgins, Logan Wilson, Jesse bates, Sam Hubbard, Joe Mixon, Carl Lawson, Tyler Boyd, C.J. Uzomah, Giovanni Bernard, Mohammed Sanu, Marvin Jones.

There will always be guys who had a certain player or two they fell in love with who will be mad that we did not take exactly who they wanted.  But if you look at our needs and the players we took I think we did pretty well.  I was surprised not to see at least one WR, but that is pretty minor.  Especially since I did not want a WR until round 4 or later.  I feel like we should draft a WR every year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Using context to judge this draft - fredtoast - 05-02-2022, 11:54 AM