Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Using context to judge this draft
(05-02-2022, 12:05 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I like the players. I think we got some really talented guys. I also realize where we drafted.  However, I did wonder about a few things during the draft.  Did we need to give up our 6th to move up in the 5th for another safety? We could have grabbed another OL, TE, or WR with that. Did we overdraft Safety?  Will Dax Hill see enough of the field in year 1?

I'm not saying things are failing apart or terrible. I don't want to take the shine from the players and their moment either.  However, I think its still fine to discuss things that stood out as maybe not great?

The safety that was selected in the 5th (Tycen Anderson) has a lot of positional flexibility. He can play box safety, he can play CB, and, according to the nfl.com analysist when the selection was made, he also can be the Will Linebacker. In fact, the NFL.com analyst stated unequivocally that he will be a Will linebacker. Regardless, he has a lot of flexibility, which is what the Bengals coaches crave. They felt strong enough that they moved up. If nothing else, he provides a solid backup at three positions (safety, CB, Will linebacker). 

I feel very good about the defense heading into the season. There are quality starters at all positions and now quality backups in case of injury. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using context to judge this draft - Nepa - 05-02-2022, 12:19 PM