Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Using context to judge this draft
(05-02-2022, 12:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: I've brought it up a few times, but it's very likely that Bates misses TC and possibly some games before signing the FT.  This past year, there was also the issue of his poor play during the regular season, which the Bengals were powerless to do anything about due to their lack of depth at the position.  Hill not only provides holdout insurance, but he also applies pressure on Bates to show up in shape and not play not to get hurt.  If he does, he could very well lose his starting job and his chances at a big payday.  FWIW, the Bengals said they didn't think Dax would still be on the board, so he was likely seen as the BPA and too good to pass on.  It was known before the Ravens were high on Linderbaum.  I personally think he was a guy the fans were in love with, but the Bengals didn't really care for.  

Most sites I saw had a 4th round grade on Anderson, so I didn't see it as a big deal to move up for him in the 5th.  

I think you will likely see even more 3 S,/Big Nickel looks this year, as putting in an extra S as a QB spy is a good way to shut down mobile QB's like Jackson and Watson.  

I hope it works out and I'm not pessimistic.  Dax has crazy measurables. I liked Anderson trade up less because we did draft Dax. At the end of the day though, CIN did a lot of work through FA.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using context to judge this draft - CardCounterChris - 05-02-2022, 12:48 PM