Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Using context to judge this draft
(05-02-2022, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a perfect example of the "context" I was talking about.

What player could we have taken at #31 who would have seen more snaps than Hill will this year?

About the only player would have been possibly an outside CB (who the Bengals got in Rd 2), a rotational DT (who the Bengals got in Rd 3), or an OL (who the Bengals got in Rd 4).

I think people really wanted someone taken to push Carman out of a starting spot.
But no true starting-quality IOL fell to Pick 31.
Zion Johnson, Tyler Linderbaum, and Kenyon Green were all off the board by then.
Would anyone have really felt that comfortable with any other OL starting Day 1 from who was available at 31 or later? I'm not sure I would have.

I think people also really wanted Winfrey instead of Carter since he was still available.
And while I think Winfrey already has the better size than Carter for DT, Carter had more proven production and versatility than Winfrey.

Let's see what Bengals do with FA now that the draft is over to upgrade the rest of the depth.
Hopefully they at least add another WR and maybe another OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using context to judge this draft - ochocincos - 05-02-2022, 02:28 PM