Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stability...its boring but its better than the alternative
(12-02-2015, 02:49 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I completely agree with this.  I think teams remain consistently poor because they get caught in this endless cycle of losing and then looking for QB saviours, they burn high draft picks by reaching for the QB rather than anyone who is worth the pick and a realistic NFL talent - whatever their position.

So glad we have our QB and have been able to draft BPA in rounds 1-2 since 2011

I think you have to remember that no other owner in the league has the patience of Mike Brown.  Teams reach for a quarterback because both the coach and the General Manager know that his job is on the line from year to year.

As you said earlier, the Bengals have actually had some luck in drafting Palmer and then Dalton.  There have been A LOT of quarterbacks taken in the first two rounds that are not capable of playing in the NFL.  Most of the credit goes to the organization for doing a good job scouting, but there is some luck as well... imagine if Mike Brown would have demanded Kaepernick be chosen instead of Dalton?  Who knows where this franchise would be...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stability...its boring but its better than the alternative - OrlandoBengal - 12-02-2015, 02:55 PM