Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scout: D Hill Is Best Michigan DB Since Woodson!
(05-03-2022, 10:54 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's a fairly low bar, as I don't believe any Michigan DBs have been stars in the NFL since Woodson, but there are a few good players like Jourdan Lewis, and Jabrill Peppers as well as one really good player in Leon Hall.

Hopefully, this scout is correct and Hill exceeds them all. That'd probably be good for a few pro bowls and maybe 1 or 2 all pros.
It's a low bar but I just saw it more as him comparing Hill's potential to success to that of Woodson, which is a high bar to set.
(05-03-2022, 11:00 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Like Crazy said, it’s a fairly low bar, but Leon Hall is the name that jumps out. If he’s as good as Leon it was a damn fine pick. If he ends up better than Leon then we got an absolute steal that shoulda been a top 5 pick all the way down at 31
That's what I've been saying all along and it's why we couldn't pass on him. The scout wouldn't have said it if he was only average because he would have said since Leon Hall. I feel like he sees the potential and knows that Hill's a playmaker. 

The versatility he brings, along with giving us leverage with Bell and Bates, was way too good to pass up.
(05-03-2022, 11:02 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Does anyone else see these thread titles scrolling on the main page and know who posted the thread before you even enter jungle noise? It’s a fun game, I got this one right

Probably means I spend too much time on this board lol
You can guess which threads were posted by someone with a traumatic brain injury......... congratulations Rolleyes

Hilarious
(05-03-2022, 11:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's also worth noting the value is good considering we picked at #31, even if he is "Leon Hall good" and not "Woodson HoF good." What many of us on this board are pointing out, that the draft naysayers are ignoring, is who should the Bengals have taken at 31 considering who was left?

I guess the Bengals could have gone after a TE like McBride or a WR talent, but then the unhappy crowd would have complained about positional value or drafting for a position group that didn't have as much need.

I trust Duke & Zac. I'm good with Hill. Let's hope for a Hall or Woodson type of career from him.

I don't think there were any receivers available worth the pick at #31 and any tight end would have been a reach.

Hill was great value.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scout: D Hill Is Best Michigan DB Since Woodson! - BFritz21 - 05-03-2022, 03:14 PM