Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
7th Round Welcome Jeffrey Gunter
(05-01-2022, 10:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who out of that group is good enough to potentially put up 600+ yards on the outside if Chase or Higgins gets hurt in preseason or just within the first couple regular season games and has to miss a majority of the season?

Trent Taylor is about the only dude who might, but he's only 5'8" and thus relegated to slot.
Boyd is less effective outside than in the slot, so I wouldn't want to shift him outside.

(05-02-2022, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I disagree, when one of Chase, Tee or Boyd go down at some point I don't trust those guys to step up and play good enough.

On the outside? No. I agree. No argument from me there. Things would have to change. But, what about this staff and QB says they couldn't or wouldn't immediately adapt? 

So, sure! I 100% get the initial concern... But I think if 1 or 2 main weapons go down the Bengals coaching staff would just adapt to get the ball to other guys or use the guys that are there in the proper way to help them be successful. I think the Bengals are THAT talented and the coaches are THAT imaginative/flexible/willing to change it up. They went into 2021 with the exact same crew with the exception of Auden Tate - who isn't some sort of monster weapon, right?

Bengals Main Weapons...

Higgins
Chase
Boyd
Mixon

Alternatives
Hurst
Evans
Taylor (I think he is an excellent player)

^ If 1 or 2 of the main guys go down, I just don't see why the Bengals cannot overcome (for example) an outside guy like Higgins being gone with screen game, outs, and posts to the 3 alternates with Mike Thomas sprinkled in.... Especially with what should be a majorly improved run and screen game.

Keep in mind, the Bengals couldn't do screens very well at all due to the line not being able to hold up long enough for those types of plays to develop. I'm really not sure we will see the same offense/game plans as last year where so much went outside and I'm ok with that. Evans is ELECTRIC and I am geeked up to see him on wheel routes and screens.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome Jeffrey Gunter - pally - 04-30-2022, 08:12 PM
RE: 7th Round Welcome Jeffrey Gunter - PDub80 - 05-03-2022, 08:41 PM