Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Using context to judge this draft
(05-03-2022, 10:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: As a coach? No, it'd bother me. I'd make it work, though. He's a good center and having the NFLPA president on your team and within your sphere of influence would be valuable. He's a good locker room guy. Your initial argument was that he was a poor presence to have around the team. That is what I am disagreeing with, not whether or not he would bother me if I was the coach. It's the NFLPA president who represents players around the league. He'd be a great presence to have around. 

If he's a good C, good locker room guy, and having the NFLPA president on your team is so valuable, why is he still unemployed?

My initial argument is that he is not a presence you want around your team.  A player of high influence who actively discourages players from taking part in programs designed to help improve your team is not a presence you want around your team, at least if you are worried about winning games.  

From the Bengals' perspective, more specifically, you just won the AFC with 100% participation in OTA's.  Why would you want to move backwards and try to "make it work" with virtual OTA's because of one guy?  Or, look at the Ravens.  They needed a C and didn't go after Tretter.  Of course, Harbaugh is notorious for running more padded practices than the CBA allows.  That's not happening with the NFLPA President there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using context to judge this draft - Whatever - 05-04-2022, 10:08 AM