Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
One thing I will say -- I honestly believe that the difference between this year's super bowl run and our long history of playoff losses is the character of our players and team culture. In our Marvin Lewis-era playoff games, we usually had the more talented team but somehow found a way to lose. Specifically the 2015 loss to the Steelers. And the 2011 loss to the Texans with a backup QB. We were the favorites and should have won those games, but we shat the bed. Mental breakdowns. Bad penalties. Nobody stepping up to the challenge. Soft.

This year, other than the Raiders game, we were underdogs but still pulled out gutsy, close wins because of character/culture. No doubt in my mind the 2015 team loses to the Raiders. But these guys are mentally and physically tough. Maximum effort. Everyone plays to the whistle. Sure, we have some individual guys with character questions -- Carman, Apple, Mixon (I guess) ... -- but the majority of the team is good character guys who compensate for the others. That's what got us to the SB, IMO. And I think ZT is largely responsible for that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - shanebo - 05-04-2022, 10:34 AM