Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-04-2022, 10:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true. Bengali played poorly in the playoffs under Marvin, but due to our front office refusal to address needs in free agency the Bengali were usually the underdog in the playoff games. Bengali were 4 point underdogs in both '11 and '15 playoff game. Overall they were underdogs in 5 of Marvins trips to postseason.

Bengals were 4 point dogs at TEN and 7 point dogs against the Chiefs yet won both this year. I guess I don't understand what being the underdog has to do with figuring out a way to win? The teams are all talented enough to get there but you can't default to not good enough once you are there, you have to find a way to win. Statistically speaking, we should have fluked into one win during Marvin's tenure which does say there was something off in the single constant during that era. You can be a Vegas underdog and still have more talent, in fact I kind of feel like that is what you argued here when you took a swipe at the FO for not getting outside free agents.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - Au165 - 05-04-2022, 03:47 PM