Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-05-2022, 07:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Just commenting on this portion because I have looked into it and found it interesting. Penalties have essentially zero correlation with team success. I looked at this in intervals of ten years, five years and three years but I was unable to find anything that suggested that penalties matter much at all. I expected to find a minor correlation to success I.E. less penalties means slightly more wins. I guess good teams are good enough to overcome the penalties they incur and bad teams are just bad, regardless.

I do like seeing less penalties, though, so I will take whatever edge I can get.

I do remember thinking when we played the Vikings week 1 about holding penalties. Really about the fact that the Vikings had like 10+ holding penalties but it didn't really seem to have to big of an impact as that game still went to overtime. I wondered if we should be telling our guys to just blatantly hold if there getting beat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - NUGDUKWE - 05-05-2022, 07:12 PM