Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-05-2022, 08:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Thanks for the info I always appreciate the data you collect and share.  I agree there doesn't seem to be a significant correlation between total penalties and winning.  However one thing I wonder about is timing of those penalties.  For example what's worse, getting a false start penalty on 2nd and 5 or a false start penalty on 3rd and one?  Also where is the team on the field when the penalty happened and what were the conditions in the game?  As we have unfortunately seen as Bengals fans (and really most fans of NFL teams)  penalties at the worst times are costly. I'm not sure there are team stats for untimely penalties which would be an interesting thing to measure as opposed to total penalties.  But if there are such stats I bet you have them.    :)

That's what I'd like to see stats on. If you have a couple false starts late in the game up by 17 it doesn't hurt as much as down by 9 with 5 minutes to go in the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - bengalfan74 - 05-05-2022, 08:46 PM