Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Threads from the Enemy: 2022 NFL Draft in the AFC North
(05-06-2022, 09:04 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Well there's a real kick in the balls.... Hilarious A departure from the norm. 

But good overall assessment. 
Regarding the Burrow/Pickett comparos, I was just coming to share this. Early on in the pre-draft time, KP was widely referred to as "Joe Burrow Lite." That kind of went away, and moved toward KP = Sam Darnold. I think that was mostly because of the overall narrative was that this draft class sucks and the hand size issue. But I've always stuck with the JB Lite comparison. Maybe that's just me being optimistic, but I really do think they are similar. Hopefully, KP can have similar success and be that Joe Burrow Lite. I think it would make for some great football for the next decade and a half. Even better for everyone if the Watson move doesn't explode in Cleveland's face and Jackson is the real deal (IMO he's an average QB)

This gives me hope and sums it up nicely....

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/film-room-do-the-burrow-pickett-comparisons-have-any-merit/?fbclid=IwAR0LmgYuZXYbIbd0AGiYMSLd9NKF5G-SqP2ri6KINUilk3s2Ypv89nvzDYg

I certainly expect dog fights in the division.

I think Pickett's biggest hurdle to clear will be his processing speed. He was very slow to throw the ball in college, and that will have to improve if he is to survive behind Pittsburgh's current offensive line. Burrow has a little hold-on-too-long in him too, but he also has shown he can get rid of it quickly when he must. Pickett absolutely must find a way to improve in that regard, and perhaps he will (who knows), or otherwise the Steelers need to play Trubisky until they bolster pass protection.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads from the Enemy: 2022 NFL Draft in the AFC North - JaggedJimmyJay - 05-06-2022, 05:13 PM