Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-07-2022, 12:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it does not destroy my credibility because here is an article from late in the 2021 season explaining how the "culture" was crap for the Bengals.   https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-bengals-culture-problem

And kind of comical that you post a quote from a time when the Bengals were off to their best start in years (4-2) to prove that the culture change really came before the winning.

I guess your author Jesse Elise had a change of heart after she dug further LOL:

C J Uzomah: The 2021 season has been very different from the first two years under head coach Zac Taylor. A big shift in the locker room culture came when players started holding each other accountable. The overall mindset has shifted to a common goal of not just winning in the future, but winning now.

“We are treating each other like brothers," Uzomah said. “If I say something to TB (Tyler Boyd) or if TB says something to me we aren’t taking it personally. We know what it takes to win the game and what it takes to be the best that we can be for the team."

Changes were made to Cincinnati’s staff and key pieces were added to the roster, allowing the culture to shift in the right direction.

“We aren’t taking personal digs at each other, it’s truly uplifting and not to say that it wasn’t completely like that in the past, but it’s on another level this year," Uzomah explained. “It’s going to take some time and I think right now what we have in the locker room with the pieces that we’ve added, the people that are buying into the culture, the connection, the chemistry we have is just unique.”

And we all know the former players that were her sources were the ones ruining the culture

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/cincinnati-bengals-tight-end-cj-uzomah-details-about-achilles-recovery-player-chemistry
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - Soonerpeace - 05-07-2022, 12:32 AM