Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
I look at it this way - a "good" culture is something that keeps you focused on the job. You're motivated and happy to do your work. A bad culture demotivates you and distracts you from the task at hand. A good culture is built primarily by two things, which I believe are success and leadership. Zac is a likable guy, he's a players coach. The team also brought in talented free agents, but the biggest deal was that Burrow took a huge step forward.

So, the Bengals have a likable coach and talented players. They had a successful season. They now have a good culture. However, the biggest part of this whole equation, in my opinion, is the talented players part. The Bengals are a talented squad and that led them to success, which built confidence and camaraderie which bred a good culture. If everything else was the same but the Bengals went 7-10 last season, we wouldn't be arguing about the culture. We'd be arguing about how much Zac sucks and needs to go, culture be damned.

In short, I do think that a good culture matters a little bit, but it is primarily built by success. Success is primarily built by talented players.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - KillerGoose - 05-07-2022, 12:25 PM