Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Current State of the OL Room
(05-07-2022, 12:25 AM)tms Wrote: I was gonna let this go, but nah. This is stupidity. My point was not whether the story was true or false. I couldn't care less. It was more about the timing of said story. If you were paying attention, you might have noticed that it came out literally on DRAFT DAY- with no explanation for it- and was solely covered by Cincinnati media. I live in New York and didn't hear a peep.

But not only was it covered by some Cincy outlets, it was covered by all the beat reporters. And not like it was yesterday's news, but rather like it was a bombshell report. On what basis I don't know! But it was! And not only that, but when Zac came into the Thursday presser to introduce Dax, he started it off by explicitly mentioning Jackson Carman's name. He didn't play it down, he didn't treat it as a "rumor surrounding one of our players" the way that franchises normally do to diffuse the situation before investigations begin in earnest. No. He actually said the man's name lol. If anything, the fact that the controversy was "old" as you say, makes it that much crazier. He sure didn't act like it was old to him. You'd assume that would be the first thing out of his mouth!

Then once the draft was over... radio silence again. Not just from Zac but from everybody. As if nothing happened. Nothing to see here. To that I can't help but say... WTF?! We went from 0 to 100 in a split second, and came crashing back down to 0 just as quickly. The transient from this story would give sound engineers sleepless nights. I gotta get my ear's checked because I heard a pop. Something's up whether you like it or not.

Sorry don't do conspiracy theories. It was a good movie that is about it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Current State of the OL Room - Joelist - 05-05-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - tms - 05-06-2022, 12:26 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - tms - 05-07-2022, 12:25 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - OSUfan - 05-07-2022, 05:45 PM
The Current State of the OL Room - BenZoo2 - 05-06-2022, 11:19 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 05-12-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 05-12-2022, 10:28 AM
RE: The Current State of the OL Room - 3wt - 06-01-2022, 03:03 PM