Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was
(05-07-2022, 03:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The truth is it takes time to build a culture like Zac has finally got going. It doesn't happen overnight with terrible players in the
trenches on both sides of the ball that Marv left here. Burrow is the best QB at throwing under pressure in the NFL, damn rights 
he needs a good O-line in front of him like all QB's but he is better than everybody else just the same.

The truth also is that these Captains that we bring in also have to be damn good players in their own right.

Zac isn't just bringing in good guys that suck.

Your truth is skewed Fred.

(05-08-2022, 07:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is a HUGE leap from what everyone has been saying.  There is no "truth" there, only a massive leap in what you perceive would happen. 

And I seriously doubt any fans on here said that Joe "didn't need" a good o-line or great receivers, only PERHAPS that he may be able to do more to avoid a rush than many QBs, and with his vision and patience PERHAPS he doesn't need the best weapons.  I think everyone wanted him to have a better line (so he would have more time for guys to get open) and a vertical threat to open up everything underneath.  The roster was largely possession receivers that lacked the ability to separate quickly (though Tee really impressed despite his size and testing).

You are just looking at what others are saying about culture as an absolute and nothing else matters when I think everyone is just trying to discuss that it is there.  It is palpable.  It doesn't mean you don't need talent of hard work, but it is there and it matters.  

Are you proud of me, everyone?  I made it through that entire post without making a single "You can't handle the truth" metaphor.  Oops.  Oh, well.  

Great job guys. Fred’s going to be miserable for a long time and living on his island. It will get old on Zac and his staff. Taylor is going to have a very long stint here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Daughtery: Doc: Zac Taylor came in strutting, without actually strutting. He was - Soonerpeace - 05-08-2022, 09:43 AM